Applicants must submit by mail a completed application by the posted deadline to the Office of Admissions to receive full consideration. A completed application includes the following:
- A completed application form - Apply online
- The application fee of $30, payable by check or money order to the Florida State University
- One official transcript from each law school attended, whether the applicant received a degree from that law school or not, and including any prior LL.M. programs
- A complete and updated resume or C.V., as described on the application form
- Essay: In 500 words or fewer, explain why you are interested in environmental law and policy and how the LL.M. degree would assist you in your desired career path.
- Letter(s) of Recommendation: At least one (1), and no more than three (3), letter(s) of recommendation from someone who is familiar with your legal abilities and/or your interest in environmental law and policy. Letters of recommendation should either be mailed directly to the Office of Admissions from the recommender or be included in the application packet in a sealed envelope signed by the recommender.
- Writing Sample: An example of your best legal writing, which may be in the form of a pleading, brief, memo, or other document and which covers a law- or policy-related matter. Applicants may submit more than one document, but the total number of pages submitted must not exceed 25.
Applications will not be deemed "complete" - and no admissions decision will be made - until all application materials listed above are submitted to LSAC.