Florida State University College of Law Placement Office
POLICY OF RECIPROCITY
(effective June 2015)
The Placement Office provides services to students and graduates of other law schools (“requestors”) within the following guidelines:
- Services are available to all requestors of those law schools that allow Florida State Law graduates and/or students to use their facilities.
- Requests for services must be made in writing by a placement administrator prior to the rendering of any services. Requests should be e-mailed to Dean Rosanna Catalano. The request must contain the following:
- Student/ alumni full name
- Student/ alumni expected year of law school graduation
- Student/ alumni email address and phone number
- Services will be available for a three-month period beginning the date reciprocity is granted via e-mail.
- Requestors can utilize our job placement software, Symplicity. No services will be rendered by mail or telephone.
- The Placement Office reserves the right to restrict reciprocity between August 1 and October 31, due to on-campus interviewing.
- Requestors may not participate in on-campus interviews, off-campus interviews or resume referral programs with prospective employers, or any event hosted by the Placement Office.
- The Associate Dean for Placement may deny further services to a school that exceeds a reasonable number of requests in a given year.
- The Placement Office reserves the right to deny or revoke reciprocity privileges to any individual who misuses the privileges or fails to comply with the policies of the Placement Office.
Any questions regarding this policy should be directed to:
Rosanna Catalano, Esq.
Associate Dean for Placement